Monday, January 29, 2007

What in the world is going on?

I read with complete disgust this morning the story about the "anarchists" who decided to deface the capital steps at the "peace" rally on Saturday. I'm just going to say a little about them since they don't deserve more than a word or two on my blog. If Right to Lifers had attempted to do the same a week earlier there would have been fines and people sitting in jail. These people are repulsive and they are not anarchists as they claim. The definition of Anarchy according to Websters Dictionary is: absence or denial of any authority or established order. The second they got togther and decided to act, there was order; therefore no anarchy. I know about anarchy. I've got 6 kids. Nuff said.

I read another story from the protests on Saturday that made me livid. Even worse than these lame graffitti artists. There was a soldier serving in Iraq in 2005. He was injured and sent to Walter Reed to recover from his injuries. Over Christmas, he was sent some cards from a school in the area. There were a number of them that said awful and insulting things about his service. Asking him how it felt to kill people, etc. Recently he had to have his leg amputated despite every effort to save it. He went to a counter rally on Saturday. After speaking to a group, he left the podium and was talking to a crowd when he was approached by some of the "peace" protesters. They spit on him! This one hit me right in the heart because my dad and step dad served in Viet Nam and were both spit on when they came back.
From Michelle Malkins site:

There were a few tense moments, however, including an encounter involving Joshua Sparling, 25, who was on crutches and who said he was a corporal with the 82nd Airborne Division and lost his right leg below the knee in Ramadi, Iraq. Mr. Sparling spoke at a smaller rally held earlier in the day at the United States Navy Memorial, and voiced his support for the administration’s policies in Iraq.
Later, as antiwar protesters passed where he and his group were standing, words were exchanged and one of the antiwar protestors spit at the ground near Mr. Sparling; he spit back.



Good thing I wasn't there because I don't know if I would've been able to control myself. I thought we were past all this as a country. I just don't know how anyone can treat these men with anything but love and respect. They volunteer and lay down their lives for us. They deserve nothing but honor.

Again, Nuff Said.

No comments: