Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Save the Earth..Where's the Beef?

This story is from Drudge:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

Of course the folks at PETA have it all backwards. Let's play connect the dots, shall we? The Kyoto treat was aimed at reducing CO2 emisions. A major contributor to CO2 is methane. Cows are major methane contributors via flatulence. It's also well known that if humans consume cows, sheep, and other ruminent animals we produce less flatulence. So how exactly are we helping to save the Earth if we take on a vegetarian lifestyle? The more veggies we eat the more, ahem, flatulence we produce and therefore more methane. I know this one for a fact. I have been on a high protein, low carb diet for 3 or 4 years and have had much less in the way of tummy trouble.

You want to save the Earth? Have a hamburger. Heck, go ahead and eat some chicken, lamb, pork, and even some wildebeest if you want.

I don't want to be responsible for making that hole in the ozone any bigger. I'll have a double cheeseburger and a side of shredded, BBQ'ed wildebeest please. Hold the fries.

2 comments:

Greg said...

You haven't read about the dangers to your body concerning a high protein diet? You are asking for trouble.

The Embedded Conservative said...

Excuse me but I have been living this way with my doctors approval for 4 years now. My cholesterol is very low. my blood sugars are very healthy and my blood pressure has never been better. So I disagree that cutting out white carbs is a bad thing. What did sugar and flour ever do for me?