Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A different twist

So I watched "An Inconvenient Truth" Almost fell asleep in the middle and had to shake myself to finish it. I'll say this. Al Gore really believes what he's talking about. His attitude is completely condescending. He talked to every audience like they were four. But I believe he's sincere. Wrong but sincere. There was some Bush bashing and some talk about the "so called skeptics" which drove me nuts. But I never have to do it again.

I have a different twist on this subject. As Christians we happen to believe in Creationism or Intelligent Design. This is something that "scientists" have railed against for years. I really believe that the reason a lot of these people will deny I.D to their dying breath is that they just can't bring themselves to believe that there is any Intelligence outside of ourselves. To even look in the direction of I.D. is to acknowledge that there is something out there that's bigger and smarter than us humans. To do that is to deny science as if the two can't ever walk hand in hand.

Well I was thinking that maybe it's the same kind of thing with Global Warming or Climate Change as it's known now. To say that weather or climate change just happens (which is what I happen to believe) is to say that something bigger than us is controlling it. Well we can't have that! It's always humans that cause everything. Mostly American humans according to Al Gore and his ilk but that's another discussion.

I almost never listen to "scientists" anymore. Most of them are so far out that what they say is not comprehendible anyway. Every so often they come out with some new study and then have to go back and reverse it a few years later. The only reliable information that has come out of that community in the past 50 yrs. or so is that cigarettes are bad for you. Somewhere along they way they have determined that God and science are not compatible and that's just a shame.

We humans are so puny. We are like a bunch of ants running around here on the big
earth thinking that we've created ourselves and we control the environment. What a bunch of hooey.

Al Gore is so pompous that it's really hard to listen to him. But I did it. For an hour and a half.
But I've always contended that you can't have a good debate unless you know what the other side is saying. Well now I know and I don't buy a word of it. Global warming is a bunch of bogus science that will line the pockets of Greenpeace, Sierra Club and the like.

I predict it will all be reversed in 20 yrs.

1 comment:

bbum said...

I don't understand why Intelligent Design and Evolution are deemed incompatible?

Seem like a pretty likely match to me.